We Offer Ontario Secondary School Diploma

Inspected by the Ontario Ministry of Education

Home Forums ENG3U Forum ENG3U Unit 5

ENG3U Unit 5

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

MLS Admin
    Keymaster

While film reviews tend to be fairly short, they require a lot of preparation before you begin writing. What did you do to prepare before completing the assignment for this unit?

Ay banu
    Participant

The starting point is to watch the movie and fully understand the plot and characters, then get familiar with how to write a film review. Now it’s time to write, I need to write the draft and then revise multiple time before the finalised version.

Nancy Wei
    Participant

I did a lot of preparation to complete my assignment. First, I watched the film, researched on the actors’ portfolios, called out the director, cinematographers, special effects. Then I wrote the first draft of my film review. After that, I reread, rewrote and edited my review before I finally submitted it.

Bizheng Fu
    Participant

I did a lot of work to accomplish the task, as follows:
    1. Prepare paper and pen, record the name of the movie, the names of the characters, their professions, and identities, and who played them, as well as record impressive lines, music, and camera images.
    2. Quickly record your thoughts and ideas about the plot as you see it.
    3. According to the shorthand material, think carefully about the idea and breakthrough of the review, and whether the evidence of the argument is sufficient.
    4. Write down the outline and carefully assess the completeness of the review to prevent running out of topics.

Dr. Dan Zebeljan
    Participant

Hi Au, you are absolutely correct, but more importantly and this goes for everyone, make sure to review the co-created success criteria, as well as rubrics that we addressed in the Zoom Session before you start working on your review. This goes for all AOLs. Why is that? Because success criteria, as well as rubrics, are literately speaking a road map to your success. Follow them point by point and you will be successful! Success Criteria are also a great vehicle for a positive self talk and building confidence., i.e. (“At the end of the review, I will understand the differences and similarities between the film-adapted screenplay and the actual play”, or “I will know how costumes and theatre play settings influence the realism of the play”, etc…) Also, do not forget to answer all of the interview questions before you write a review. As a matter of fact, the review should be based on the answers to the interview questions, to begin with. Follow the process and the outcome will take care of itself. That is the whole point of the “Growing Success” education approach!

Dr. Dan Zebeljan
    Participant

Indeed, Nancy, background information research is extremely important! All of the things that you researched will aid your final product. Good job, young lady! 🙂

Dr. Dan Zebeljan
    Participant

Pay attention, everyone. Bizheng’s #3 is significant. The evidence for your argument must be sufficient. Please review in detail ENG3U U5L1a, which demonstrates step-by-step how to write an effective film review. Death of a Salesman is a tricky play, not easy to review because directors always go for their own interpretation. So if you follow the success criteria regarding the proper structure, once again, you will be successful!

Dr. Dan Zebeljan
    Participant

As far as light is concerned, it creates a certain type of mood on the stage! Remember the symbols that combine the light with the music (specifically, the flute), thus creating this melancholy, sentimental yet ominous atmosphere throughout the entire play! Review the symbols and include them in your interview questions before writing out the final review AOL product! Work hard, everyone! Canadian universities are not easy to get into! You must work hard and you must work smart!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Maple Leaf School! All rights reserved.